Wednesday, February 2, 2011

3.11.11



      March eleventh, twenty eleven marks the day I leave for Haiti. This will be my first trip to Haiti, and I hope that it will not me my last. I am most excited to meet the kids our team is going to work with. Many of the kids we will be spending time with lost parents in the earthquake which happened just over a year ago. I cannot wait to play, laugh, dance, and sing with all the kids, As I think of these Haitian children I am reminded of a promise.


The promise Jesus made in John 14:18 says "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." In this Jesus is talking about sending the gift of the Holy Spirit. What a beautiful promise that has been made to us, the days we feel weak, lonely, and unloved, we need to hold fast to the promise that we will never be left by the father. I am so excited to be a used as a reflection of this promise. As I enter Haiti I hope and pray to be used as a reflection that the Father has not forgotten the needs of the Haitians. I have been tempted to think that I only have a small offering seeing that I will only be there a week, but then I think of all the stories that will be shared after the trip. I think of all the others giving their time, talent, or treasure, and I am reminded that I am part of a bigger movement and one piece of glass in the beautiful mosaic of believers who are a reflection of God's promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment